DIPD Community

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIPD Community

One of the entity of Hayleys group that deals with chemicals, hoping for interesting views from the forum members

Financial Performance- Period ended 30 June 2018
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DIPD-q2.png
Views:	66
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	558
    Last edited by ruwan326; 08-13-2018, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Good recovery from DIPD.......
      Live Today........
      Without compromising your ability to Live Tomorrow………

Comment

Originally posted by PAT View Post
        Good recovery from DIPD.......
        Indeed good recovery, shouldn't they be reorganizing in similar lines that of LGL. We should be looking at the entire group, and a restructure so company valuations are depicted properly.
        "The best values today are often found in the stocks that were once hot and have since gone cold"

Comment

Are they for internal business growth?

Comment

I wish they split the company similar to LGL. Unable to find true value. Is it Plantations or Exports oriented. I rather want this company to be Export Oriented similar to REXP. And shed the Plantations for a decent gain.
            "The best values today are often found in the stocks that were once hot and have since gone cold"

Comment

HPL and WATA did the split . So DIPD need to go through the process in my opinion. The question will be if that goes through will it be after a nice RUN ?

Comment

BAck in 2017, we played into a short rally from the 80s to 120s. And now 70-75 proving to be another opportunity for takers. Weekly chart show a possible chance the price to dip a bit more. Daily chart is somewhat less clarity to me.

Comment

DIPD for me is same REXP if not Plantations appeal. Regular R&Ds and new products introduced timely. Love to do an article.

Comment

In terms of ROEs and D/E DIPD is way lower than REXP. What are the reasons for this lower ROE numbers. What can the management do better to improve the ROE towards 20%+ which they were not able except 2 years back in 2012 and 2013. The feat was achieved amidst higher D/E.

Hand protection segment pretax profit halved in 2018 YoY
                    The raw material (latex) prices soften towards the 2nd half of 2017
                    Plantations pretax profits increased almost 200% YoY

That was last year. What about this year. Resuts improved in the 1st quarter so far. Can it be maintained?
                    And finding ways to improve the ROE a key catalyst. As this should be one of their KPIs for the future.

Labour shortages and raw material price escalations another concern. this concern has to be addressed by the politicians to identify solutions for the betterment of the economy. these will help companys to expand their wings in foreign countries.

Comment

I noticed further on TAX, component a huge increase, YoY. The effective Tax rate of the group shifted from 13% to 35%. In terms of numbers TAX expenses jumped from 140mil to 440mil YoY. Out of 440Mil, 101Mil comes from Tax Credit Reversal for Thailand operations.Some of the Tax holidays ending meaning to say, Higher Tax on Trading profits from Italy operations and reversal of Tax credit in Thailand operations plus Plantation company has done well locally.

Comment

widgetinstance 205 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X