• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LVEF Community

IPO was in December 2017
    120 Mil Shares @ 10Rs
    IPO oversubscribed on 1st day.
    Was marketed by CAL at a discount to its peers.
    Portfolio Size is 2.4 Billion. Total Capacity 139.1MW - Split into 19.4MW Hydro, 15.3MW Wind and 104.4 Thermal.

19.4MW Hydro is spread across 7 MHPP ranging from 1.2 to 6MW.
    15.3MW Wind power is 2 prjects 10.2MW and 5.1MW situated in Kalpitiya.
    2 Thermal power plants in Bangladesh 52.2MW each.

2 of MHPP were connected during 2017/18 FY (28.04.17 - 1.2MW campion and 09.02.18 2.5MW Bambarapana project)
    The 2 thermal power plants contributed 209 mil to profits, thats 44% of the share of profit attributable to associates. (USD 331121 net of tax was received in 2017/10 from Lakhdanawi Bangla and USD 154660 net of tax received from Comilla Bangladesh in 2018/06.

Future prospects
    10MW HPP in Nepal project construction to begin after completion of constructing the access road to the site before 2018/12.
    Investment for 45% stake is approx 465 mil. The targetted completion year is 2019 for this project. LVEF has signed a 30 year power purchase agreement with NEA.

One of the partners Lakdhanavi Limited was successful in winning the contract to construct a 114 MW thermal power plant in Feni, Bangladesh on Build Own and Operate (BOO) basis. Feni Lanka Power Limited a company incorporated in Bangladesh will undertake the construction of the plant under a power purchase agreement signed in March 2018 with Bangladesh Power Development Board to supply electricity to the Bangladesh national grid for a period of 15 years. We propose to invest USD 10.8 million in the project for an equity stake of 40%. The plant will be completed within 18 months of commencement of construction in the current financial year.

In January 2018, the Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) called for request for proposals for the setting up of 90 solar power plants of 1 MW each on BOO basis in 17 designated areas in Sri Lanka. The tender closed on 6th April 2018 and the CEB is currently evaluating the proposals. The proposals we submitted in respect of six such projects are under consideration by the CEB. If successful we will be in a position to add solar power projects of a total capacity of 6.0 MW to our portfolio of investments in financial year 2019/20 thereby further diversifying the portfolio in terms of energy source.

Planned to exit some of the investments and to keep the proceeds for funding future projects.
    "The best values today are often found in the stocks that were once hot and have since gone cold"

Click image for larger version

Name:	lvef.png
Views:	1
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	3755
    Can we see one more pull back towards 8/8.1 to confirm the upside move thereafter.
    As far as my wave calculation, the 5 wave is over and we now looking at the correction 3 waves.
    "The best values today are often found in the stocks that were once hot and have since gone cold"

Comment

I have drawn 2 calculations, as we yet to see the 3 wave corrections to complete 8 wave waves.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	lvef.png
Views:	1
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	3757

Comment

ටිකක් උඩින් උස්සල තියන්ඩ උත්සාහ කරපු annual report එකක්..අනික ආයෙත් no devident for this financial year..So that mean..anything can happen in coming months..අනික පොඩ් බබා පාරක් තියෙනව.. ලියල...හොද කාලගුණික තත්ත්වයක් තිබ්බ නිසා output හොදයි කියල..ඒක ඉතිං අපි ඔයාලට කියන්ඩ දෙයක්ද මෙයා...මම කම් හිතන්නේ ..දීපු devident එකත් IPO investment එකට දායකත්වය දීපු ඈයොන්ව සතුටු කරනඩද දීපු එකක් විදියට..

Comment

Originally posted by Stock Guru View Post
          ටිකක් උඩින් උස්සල තියන්ඩ උත්සාහ කරපු annual report එකක්..අනික ආයෙත් no devident for this financial year..So that mean..anything can happen in coming months..අනික පොඩ් බබා පාරක් තියෙනව.. ලියල...හොද කාලගුණික තත්ත්වයක් තිබ්බ නිසා output හොදයි කියල..ඒක ඉතිං අපි ඔයාලට කියන්ඩ දෙයක්ද මෙයා...මම කම් හිතන්නේ ..දීපු devident එකත් IPO investment එකට දායකත්වය දීපු ඈයොන්ව සතුටු කරනඩද දීපු එකක් විදියට..
          so what is your YoY net earnings projection you think LVEF will end up with ... will it be above last year or below ?
          The dividend payout as you suggest means, in future years we will not be able to get as they have given in the past year, is that what you mean ?
          Which energy company you think better .......

Or should we not touch these companies ?

What price is better to enter ? please justify with your indepth knowledge for the betterment of members.

as this will really help us to take the right decision.

if i remember vaguely the company had mentioned that last dividend was the final for last year, so nothing so fancy about ne.

Thanks.

Comment

When they declared abt IPO ..i was happy..becoz they hv thermal..as well as hydro..i love those who pocessed wind rather hydro in coming years...atlantic n pasific is expecting hot waves in coming months..asia also may experience the effects of this la nila n el nino situation in coming months..but effect cannot be measured at this moment ..i am sad that SENOK is not operating their windmills at කල්පිටිය area...
            As far as powerconcern..this is better n we hv HPFL N VLL..but they also hv pros n cons..when compared devident yeaild they r good..this is excellent ..but if i am the CEO...i will not give away these divident as they did..there are so many opportunities in power sector.

..however we have to identify the risk involved in the bis..as we r not doing long term investment ..market sentimental is more important for me at this juncture to put my eggs in to several baskets...specilly in power.

.government policy regarding to the mini hydro also subjects to changes...
            But thanks god they r not engineers...or genius to do this biz at the moment ..they still know abt construction , textile , it, bank and automobile ..etc

Comment

Pls read what Elan Musk doing with Solar..if they access SL...wow..boom..y we r not invite them to use the Sunlight over SL land...food for thoughts..like we r not using indian ocean effectively..

Comment

Pls read what Elan Musk doing with Solar..if they access SL...wow..boom..y we r not invite them to use the Sunlight over SL land...food for thoughts..like we r not using indian ocean effectively..
                The electric car maker Tesla is sharply downsizing the residential solar business it bought two years ago in a controversial $2.6bn deal, according to three internal company documents and seven current and former Tesla solar employees.

The latest cuts to the division that was once SolarCity – a sales and installation company founded by two cousins of Tesla’s CEO, Elon Musk – include closing about a dozen installation facilities, according to internal company documents, and ending a retail partnership with Home Depot that the current and former employees said generated about half of its sales.

About 60 installation facilities remain open, according to an internal company list reviewed by Reuters. An internal company email named 14 facilities slated for closure, but the other list included only 13 of those locations.

Tesla declined to comment on which sites it planned to shut down, how many employees would lose their jobs or what percentage of the solar workforce they represent.

The company said that cuts to its overall energy team – including batteries to store power – were in line with a broader 9% staff cut announced earlier this month. “We continue to expect that Tesla’s solar and battery business will be the same size as automotive over the long term,” the company said in a statement to Reuters.

The operational closures, which have not been previously reported, raise new questions about the viability of cash-strapped Tesla’s solar business and Musk’s rationale for a merger he once called a “no-brainer” – but some investors have panned them as a bailout of an affiliated firm at the expense of Tesla shareholders. Before the merger, Musk had served as chairman of SolarCity’s board of directors.

The installation offices that the internal email said were targeted for closure were located in California, Maryland, New Jersey, Texas, New York, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Arizona and Delaware.

The company also fired dozens of solar customer service staffers at call centers in Nevada and Utah, according to the former Tesla employees, some of whom were terminated in last week’s cuts. Those employees spoke on condition of anonymity because making public comments could violate the terms of their severance packages.

“It’s been a difficult few days – no one can deny this,” a Tesla manager wrote in a separate internal email, sent to customer service employees shortly after the cuts were announced.

Tesla has been burning through cash as it tries to hit a target of producing 5,000 Model 3 electric sedans a week after production delays. The company faces investor pressure to turn a profit without having to tap Wall Street for additional capital.

Comment

When they declared abt IPO ..i was happy..becoz they hv thermal..as well as hydro..i love those who pocessed wind rather hydro in coming years...atlantic n pasific is expecting hot waves in coming months..asia also may experience the effects of this la nila n el nino situation in coming months..but effect cannot be measured at this moment ..i am sad that SENOK is not operating their windmills at කල්පිටිය area...
                  As far as powerconcern..this is better n we hv HPFL N VLL..but they also hv pros n cons..when compared devident yeaild they r good..this is excellent ..but if i am the CEO...i will not give away these divident as they did..there are so many opportunities in power sector.

..however we have to identify the risk involved in the bis..as we r not doing long term investment ..market sentimental is more important for me at this juncture to put my eggs in to several baskets...specilly in power.

.government policy regarding to the mini hydro also subjects to changes...
                  But thanks god they r not engineers...or genius to do this biz at the moment ..they still know abt construction , textile , it, bank and automobile ..etc
                  Firstly i agree the IPO was oversubscribed on the 1st day. And i recommended when we were in our old forum LEF. There were some IPOs we stated not to subscribed, who were in it to make money and we see the downfall of these. we can use them to burn bit of money.
                  Secondly LVEF has wind power plants 15.3MW had generated good revenue in the last FY.
                  Thirdly i would prefer VLL, LVEF and VPEL and exclude HPFL.
                  Lotus Hydros presently generate only 4.9MW. With no other upcoming projects. compared to LVEF capacity stand at 139.1MW, with upcoming 124MW and VLL has present capacity 26.65 with further 9.8MW in pipeline.
                  LVEF and VLL have the foreign reach. whilst VPEL is looking out.
                  You correctly said most wont be for the longhaul, so what is the use if no dividend payout for retailers.
                  Since the subject is LVEF here, i will stick to the topic.
                  If we look at the past history their dividends payout has been excellent. So this is not a fly by night.
                  I too would prefer if they reduce the dividends, but then who am i to LVEF, they have an excellent team.
                  just look at the BoD.
                  There parent company is planning to invest in pharma factoy.. (Please read LVEN thread)
                  So coming back to dividends, If LVEF do well investors are well taken care off as simple as that.
                  BTW they plan to sell investments that are not yielding profits, and further plan to reduce borrowing.
                  So just as you said it looks good to reduce the borrowing exposure.

any how members here have full freedom to raise questions, so that we will find answers.
                  you remind me of the article i published about contrarian strategy on the Blog section.
                  we as investors sometimes can get blinded when chasing their favourites.
                  your point is well taken, and made me to read their annual report further, for which i thank you.
                  anyhow i dont see much concern/ or note to be taken at this moment, as the company is gearing for couple of more new projects in nepal, srilanka and bangladesh covering hydros,solar and thermal. which in my opinion would generate more revenues than preceding years.
                  this is a well diversified in my opinion compared many others in the CSE.

good luck, appreciate your comments by the way.

Comment

Not promoting just giving my view...i am also loving this stock..but i would like buy it below 8 if someone selling..
                    If we talk about IPO sfs was most cheated event that i saw..
                    Listing..splitting ...selling ..bla...bla..dumping owners shares...Etc
                    i red each n every article published by u..i hv my own method of purchasing n selling by minimizing risk..
                    I will write something more in future ..

Comment

For IPO only 120,000,000 but they listed around 582,000,000 nearly....If some one start dumping it will easily go some where else...Hope may not become another SFS...

Comment